A contraindication is any indication or symptom that makes it inadvisable to use a particular therapy. Please call us at 305-834-2032 if you believe you have a contraindication. We will help clarify your situation and ensure that your next step is a solid one!
The following are contraindications for colon hydrotherapy. If any of these apply to you we are not able to treat you with colon hydrotherapy at the present time, unless you have a written prescription from an MD or ND showing supervision over our services for the contraindication.
Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy
- Abdominal hernia
- Abdominal surgery within 12 weeks (gallbladder removal, etc)
- Acute abdominal pain (please call us to clarify)
- Acute Crohn’s disease
- Aneurysm/Blood clot
- Cancer of the colon or GI (gastrointestinal) tract
- Carcinoma of the rectum
- Cardiac Disease/Congestive heart failure
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- Diverticulitis (acute)
- Epilepsy or Psychoses
- General debilitation
- Intestinal perforation
- Pregnancy (in first and last trimesters)
- Recent colon or rectal surgery/Rectocele
- Recent heart attack
- Recent history of GI or rectal bleeding
- Rectal or abdominal tumors
- Renal insufficiency
- Seizure Disorder
- Severe (bleeding) hemorrhoids
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Ulcerative colitis
- Vascular aneurysm
***IF YOU ARE RECEIVING TREATMENT FOR YOUR KIDNEYS (DIALYSIS), OR YOU HAVE ONLY ONE FUNCTIONING KIDNEY, WE CANNOT PERFORM COLON HYDROTHERAPY ON YOU.***
* Please call us to inquire about your situation as this does not apply to all surgeries: 305-834-2032.
If you have any of these contraindications you may still be eligible to receive colon hydrotherapy once they have subsided or been eliminated. Until then please consider colon hydrotherapy and/or nutrition with issues related to digestion, constipation, abdominal pain, inflammation. If you are ever in question please call us at 305-834-2032.